Relicense to EPL and move to eclipse.org
I was asked if we shouldn't move the BCO code to the Eclipse platform, where it can be used as default classfile viewer (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=540436#c1).
As the original author of this tool I see the value to move there, I'm committer in JDT and JDT Debug, so it will be just a win-win.
For this to happen, we need following:
- Switch the license to EPL 2.0 (see below)
- Rename packages
- Cleanup code (especially Java 9+ support is a hack)
- Get rid of embedded asm libraries (consume those from Eclipse Orbit)
- Check if we can continue to redistribute the bytecode reference contributed by Eugene Kuleshov (email@example.com), "Reprinted with the permission of O'Reilly Media, Inc.", see commit dce274e6, or need to ask permission again.
@ebruneton : to switch the license, I need agreement of all past contributors, right? I see you, me and Eugene in the git log.
- First question: would you agree to move the code under EPL 2.0?
- Second: if yes, do you have contact with Eugene and could you ask him about EPL and also O'Reilly permission background? I will see if I can reach them by myself too.